The Physical Effects of Drug Abuse:
- Drug abuse can also trigger the development of substance abuse disorder (SUD) which is an illness of the mind that leads people to turn to compulsive behavior about psychoactive substances, regardless of the consequences.
- Drug use is not just a negative impact on the physical and mental health of the person who is at the time of use but also after one has stopped taking the substance. They use custom-designed detoxification procedures in conjunction with behavioral therapy and psychotherapy to aid the user in attaining lasting sobriety.
Knowing the physical consequences of the use of drugs:
- Drugs can affect the functioning of your central nervous system (CNS). They alter the brain’s chemical balance, including hormones and enzyme production as well as the production of antibodies. When used for a long time it builds up a tolerance level to the substance. Due to the disruption in the metabolism of the body, one is prone to an overwhelming urge to use the drug that slowly becomes a major factor in their life. Below we have listed the effects of specific types of drugs that impact the body.
- They can stimulate the brain’s CNS. Taking stimulants such as cocaine can increase brain activity and result in the person feeling overconfident or thinking in a racing manner. The physical consequences of addiction to stimulants are an increase in heart rate, elevated blood pressure, a decrease in appetite, and sleepiness. Stimulant use could cause the brain to enter hyperactivity, which can lead to seizures, strokes, and brain hemorrhage. It can also cause heart attacks.
- The use of hallucinogens blurs lines between reality and fantasy. The use of these drugs can result in poor decision-making, which can lead to dangerous effects and unwanted circumstances. It can cause gastric problems and jaw pain.
- These are inhibitors of the CNS. They reduce the brain’s activity, hyperactivity, and heart rate, making users drowsy and relaxed. Depressant use could also increase the risk of developing negative dependence cycles. Prolonged use of these medications can cause coma and unconsciousness that could be fatal.
Substance abuse may have numerous other negative side effects. These include:
- Immune system weak
- Heart issues
- Abdominal pain and nausea
- Liver damage
- Seizure, Heart Stroke changes in appetite sleep problems along with weight loss
- A decrease in brain activity damaged brain cells, and mental confusion
- Lung disease
- Memory issues
- Breast development in men
- Temperature increase in the body
- Altered perception
- Extreme sweating
- Uncontrollable mood swings
- Impairment of cognitive capabilities
- Tingling in limbs
- Reduces pain sensation which can cause injury
- Unplanned sex and pregnancy
- Drugs can also cause behavior changes for those who use it. Such changes could include:
- Impaired Judgement
- Self-control loss
- Suicidal ideation
- Risk Factors Associated With Drug Abuse
- The risk associated with addiction is based on many variables, such as:
- Duration of use
- Amount of the drugs employed
- The body is susceptible to a drug
- The drug’s source
- The method of administration orally, by inhalation or via injection
- Current mental state
- Polysubstance or Uni use
- Long-term Effects of Addiction
- An addiction that is prolonged can cause long-term health effects or permanent harm to the body
- Increased risk of organ damage
- Greater chance for developing cancer
- Women who suffer miscarriages during pregnancy or problems in pregnancy
- Vessels that have collapsed because of drug administration through injection
- Restricted jaw moment
- Change in psychological behavior
- Chronic bronchitis
- A lack of concentration
- Development and growth is impaired in children
- Low fertility
- Greater chance to contract HIV and Hepatitis
- Suicidal ideas or self-harm
- Seeking Help
- When someone you love has a problem with addiction to psychoactive drugs, make contact with our California detox assistance line. We can give you relevant information on a wide range of addiction-related issues.natural Assisted Detox and can provide you with the top detox centers for rapid detox located in California.
Drug Use – Advantages and Disadvantages
- The raging, uncontrolled drug use is a problem that has been affecting our society and particularly our younger generation for quite a while. It has grown rapidly from a psychological malaise and a bad habit to a threatening social problem and in a lot of countries, prompts strict punitive measures.
- Many countries around the world are trying to stop this crime by combining increasing awareness of the dangers of using drugs, severe restrictions on drug use and trafficking, and criminal penalties. But it’s not enough since drug trafficking has been a growing issue across the different social classes and isn’t restricted to a few groups of society. What is the reason that drug use is considered to be among the top destructive and possibly dangerous social negatives?
- One of the primary reasons that consumption and dealings with drugs are declared illegal in the world is due to the massive damage they do to the body of the individual. The majority of drugs are of two kinds and act as general stimulants to the nervous system which can nearly overpower the brain and nervous system for short amounts of time. In that time, the user is left with no sense of identity, and the state is typically described as a period of euphoric disconnection, and the user is unable to maintain a normal state of consciousness. The effect is temporary and doesn’t last for long. The euphoria induced by drugs lasts for a short period and usually ends with severe tension and hangovers that can be felt throughout the body. These can manifest as physical or mental reactions.
- The majority of drugs are hallucinogenic substances that are mostly of two kinds, Organic as well as inorganic. Organic drugs are generally made from plants and are typically consumed through burning like cigarettes. Inorganic compounds are more difficult to find since they are made in laboratories of pharmaceutical companies and typically come in pills, tablets, and liquid solutions. Scientific studies have revealed that inorganic drugs/narcotic substances can be more harmful and harmful than organic ones although prolonged usage of either can have serious effects.
- One could argue that drug use is dependent on a variety of criteria and conditions. There are in fact various reasons for increasing the use of drugs within certain segments of the population. The causes could be from psychological, social, economic, or simply due to biological dependence. The main reason for the long-term usage of drugs is thought to be harmful to health and health is the fact that it causes a feeling of dependency in the user who becomes accustomed to the usage of the drug. Whatever the initial reason, the use of drugs becomes the main goal in these situations and the individual will go to great measures to keep the habit of using drugs.